Last week I got an art event participation invite from one of my best former officemates, Momon. It was Wednesday morning at 10 when I received messages from her saying that it’s time to get up from bed already XD That day was the deadline of entry submission to BGC Art Mart. It was the first time I’ve heard about the event and since I’ve just gotten up, it took a while before it sank in my brain haha. Momon seemed so excited to participate in it so I didn’t hesitate to also give it a try. We submitted our application that same day. Then the following day I received this email:
It was like a “go” signal to prepare everything in 2 days.
Aside from this event, I also needed to do another commission for Paper Chic Studio. It is a Gift Certificate for their Yummy Eats 2013 event, which will be held same day as BGC Art Mart. So yeah I was busy that week. I’ll just list the breakdown of works I did to simplify everything up:
- Watercolor Practice
- Received an e-mail from Paper Chic Studio about the Gift Certificate project, but no details provided yet
- Received an invite at BGC from Momon
- Received the job order from Paper Chic Studio
- Did a Gift Certificate Study
- Watercolor Practice
- Went to SM and bought dessert ingredients as gift to our Mama’s 45th Birthday on Saturday
- Looked and canvassed for printers and suppliers
- Received event participation confirmation from BGC Art Mart
- Prepared and reviewed participant papers
- Received revision order from Paper Chic Studio
- Revised the GC and studied how to convert its file to PDF-editable (pain in the a&&, I failed haha)
- FA-ed the GC
- Started and finished the last piece of my 3-set Watercolor Paintings, which I will sell at BGC
- Went to/emailed/paid art prints, post cards, tote bags and button pins’ suppliers
- Announced about the event/did announcement poster
- Went to Bonifacio Global City to pass application papers
- Claimed printed items on different printers’ locations
- Went to National Bookstore to buy bubblewraps, kraft papers, etc.
- Framed watercolor paintings
- Prepared and estimated art prices
- Slept 4am
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
- Event days
- Got up 9am
- Travelled by commute, hand carrying everything
- Got home 12:30 am
- Mama’s Birthday (Sat.) Need to celebrate with them when I get home
This list might seemed so boring and tiring, but it was actually fun and tiring haha.
More photos here. (please log in your FB account to view)
About the sold items, some of those who bought my artworks even asked me to sign the materials and take photos with them, it was awkward for me since I’m still not used to this stuff (but thank you anyway for making me feel a bit like a star during those 2 days guys!)
==== If you are interested in purchasing some of the pieces, please inquire here ====
Some of our best former officemates also supported us in the event. Manis stayed to “entertain” XD us in our booth, Pei allowed our artworks to stay overnight in their house (which is near the event’s location), and Chingki met with us during closing time on Sunday. We would like to thank you sweetest beaches again! We love you so much!
I am also very thankful about my family’s undying support in the things that I love doing, especially my mama. She understood and even let me participate in the event even though it was her Birthday. Thank you God for giving them to me.
As a summary, I can say that being a part of this event was fun. It was another chance to bond with friends, an opportunity to expose our underground artworks, meet our market and other artists, and lastly to gain more confidence.
Hi Momon, let’s do this again!